No matter how big your home is, it always seems like you never have enough space! You tidy up regularly, but every time you turn around, you seem to be bursting at the seams. Everywhere you look, there are toys, papers, and clothes underfoot.
Having a cluttered home can be stressful and overwhelming. It’s hard to relax and feel comfortable in a home that doesn’t seem to be big enough, and everything seems out of place.
At Junk Works, we’re here to give you some great tips on how to make your home feel bigger and reduce your stress levels. And when you’re ready to get rid of some of your bigger items, we can provide you with just the junk disposal services you need!
Put Everything in its Place
One of the quickest ways to make your place feel bigger is to put things away properly. Many of us have the bad habit of bringing items into the house and then just leaving them on a table or the floor for months, never getting around to doing anything with them.
Follow these steps to help put everything in its place:
- Put away not-in-use items. Decorations, cards, and gifts tend to stay up way past the holiday or special occasion. They often blend into the background, but still cause visual clutter. Take all of them down and put them away.
- Find the right spot for seasonal items. If it’s winter, you don’t need to keep your tennis racket by the front door. If it’s summer, you can definitely put your skis somewhere out of the way; you won’t be using them anytime soon!
- Get rid of items that can be easily disposed of. Collect old magazines and newspapers and put them in the recycling bin. Find all those little bits of garbage that seem to find their way into corners and dark spots and throw them out.
Decluttering is a popular catchphrase these days. It’s harder than just tidying up because it involves making decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of.
Start by going through each room in your house, and taking a critical look at everything you have. Chances are you have at least some of the following items you are never going to use again:
- Books. Unless you’re going to reread them, they can probably go.
- Clothes. Are they still to your taste or lifestyle?
- Hobby-related items. You may have planned to be a master knitter or cyclist, but that hasn’t happened.
- Knickknacks. Most of these you don’t really like, and are just collecting dust.
- Worn out appliances or furniture. You don’t use these anymore, but you just haven’t gotten around to getting rid of them.
Once you’ve finished decluttering, your home will feel much bigger!
Rearrange and Replace Furniture
A room that contains too much or furniture that is too big can look cluttered. Go to each room in your house and take a hard look at the furniture in it. For each room, consider:
- Does the set up of the furniture make sense? Are doors or windows blocked? Rearrange the furniture to see if a different set up makes the room look larger.
- Is any of the furniture just too large for the room? Are you trying to stuff three couches into a room that would be better with just two? If so, it may be time to get rid of some of the furniture.
- When hunting for new furniture, think about storage. A piece of furniture that can do double duty (like a coffee table with drawers in it) can help you both save space and look great.
Now that I’ve decluttered, what do I do with all my stuff?
We’re glad you asked! This is where we come in to help. We can take away many of your unwanted items, such as:
- Couches and chairs
- Tables and dressers
- Old Appliances
- E-Waste, including televisions
- Hot tubs
- Any other garbage, excluding hazardous waste
And the process is so easy. Just follow these steps to use our junk disposal services:
- Figure out everything you want to get rid of.
- Call us at 888-888-JUNK (5865), text us at 737-888-5865, or complete our booking form.
- We’ll respond to you with any questions we may have, and ask you to send photos if we need clarification on a particular item you need to be removed.
- We’ll also provide you with an estimate of how much our services will cost and book a time and date to meet with you.
- Now, you just sit back and relax until we show up. You don’t need to move items from their location at all; we’ll take them directly from wherever they are.
- We show up and take away your junk! We suggest you have a list of items you want to be removed and their locations so that nothing gets overlooked.
- Enjoy your more spacious home.
At Junk Works, we try to be as environmentally responsible as possible and make sure that we do our part to help with waste reduction. After we’ve taken away all your unneeded items, we make sure they go to the appropriate locations:
- We sort out all the material into various categories, like metal, e-waste, paper, textiles, furniture, and appliances.
- Anything that is in good enough shape (such as books and furniture) is donated to locations like schools and community centres.
- All other items are sent to the landfill as appropriate, either for recycling or disposal.
Contact Us Today!
You’ve now learned three great ways to make your home seem bigger: tidying up, decluttering, and rearranging and replacing furniture. Then, when you’re ready to get rid of all those unwanted items, our team at Junk Works arrives with our junk disposal service.
Give us a call at 888-888-JUNK (5865), text us at 737-888-5865, or complete our booking form.