Are you planning to move house, relocate to a new office, or just decluttering your home? Then hiring a commercial junk removal service can help enormously with getting rid of stuff quickly.
The biggest challenge when preparing to clear out a huge space is determining what needs to stay and what should go. Whether you’re cleaning out your garage or making room for new furniture, a commercial junk removal service can make life so much easier by organizing what they can take.
At Junk Works, we have been offering commercial junk removal in Toronto and the GTA since 2005. Here, we will give you the ultimate guide on what you need to know about commercial junk removal services.
1. What is junk removal?
In simple terms, junk removal is exactly what it describes: removing unwanted things that you don’t need anymore. Over the years, a house, property, or business can start piling up with items such as furniture, decor, art work, wardrobe, electronics, and just about everything you can think of. Since many of these items can’t be thrown out at curbside, junk removal provides the solution by taking these specific items and disposing them properly.
Hiring a commercial junk removal service ensures that your items get dumped in their proper place. Junk haulers are experts in helping reduce the amount of recyclable items that end up in landfills by following ethical measures that won’t affect the environment.
2. The different types of junk
The term “junk” is such a broad category. Junk can be a lot of things. For example, a pile of papers on a desk could be called junk. As well, many of us have a “junk drawer” filled with miscellaneous things that we need when a random emergency pops up. So, when it comes to junk removal, what can we pick up? Here are the two different types of junk removal: residential and commercial.
Residential Junk Removal
Residential junk removal predominantly deals with removing items from residential properties such as houses and apartments. If you’re moving house or upgrading your home to make room for new items, you will probably need to get rid of several old pieces. Here are some common residential junk items:
- Everyday electronics such as televisions, DVD players, stereos, laptops, computers, and radios
- Small home appliances such as microwaves, blenders, grills, and pots and pans
- Bicycles, tricycles, and motorized toys
- Big appliances such as laundry and dryer machines; refrigerators and freezers
- Car tires
- Carpets and rugs
- Bathroom sinks and tubs
- Dishes and household items
- Exercise equipment such as treadmills
- Furniture such as sofas, dining tables, dresser chests, and chairs
- Lighting fixtures
- General household trash
- Glass items such as vases and modern decor
- Large game pieces such as pool, ping pong, and foosball tables
- Mattresses and box springs
- Musical instruments such as pianos and drums
- Scrap metals
- Yard and renovation waste
Commercial Junk Removal
The second type of junk removal deals with commercial spaces, which includes office buildings, plazas, business centres, and commercial properties.
Since many items in offices are electronics that are made with hazardous waste, junk haulers treat e-waste with special care as they are trained with the special equipment to remove large items without damaging the property. Here are some common commercial junk items:
- ATMs, cash registers, and safes
- Office furniture such as desks, tables, cubicle dividers, and chairs
- Carpets and rugs
- Lighting fixtures
- Fax machines
- Computer monitors
- Printers and scanners
- Xerox machines
3. How do junk removal services determine their prices?
With the rise of densely populated urban cities, junk removal services are in demand. With so many people moving frequently and businesses popping up, commercial junk removal services have standardized pricing because they want to ensure that you don’t switch to their competition.
When giving you a quote, junk removal services base their price on the following factors:
- The size of the items and how much they weigh in total
- How much volume the items will take up in the junk removal truck
- How many trips to and from your home, and the distance to drive to the proper dumping/recycling facilities
4. What are the benefits of using a junk removal service?
Getting rid of junk and unnecessary items is like taking a breath of fresh air. You get rid of clutter and you open up space in your home. As the saying goes, “Out with old and in with the new.”
Along with opening up space in your home or property, here are several benefits from hiring a commercial junk removal service:
- Decluttering improves productivity.
- Getting rid of junk helps you clean up and refresh the living or office space.
- Junk removal services are fast and efficient, so it won’t take long.
- Removing large items such as furniture and electronics can be a hassle, especially for those who have physical issues and cannot do heavy lifting.
- Junk removal services eliminate the stress of having to do it by yourself.
- If you have several electronic items made with hazardous waste, junk removal services know where to dump them in an environmentally friendly way. By having junk removal specialists handle these specific items, you ensure you aren’t doing anything harmful to the environment.
5. When should you call a junk removal service?
You should call a commercial junk removal service if you are moving to a new home and want to get rid of old items, such as large, heavy pieces of furniture or electronics and appliances that you don’t use anymore.
Another reason to call a junk removal service is when you’re doing home renovations and you need to clear up space that is taken up with leftover waste, debris, and scrap materials.
If you are an owner of an office space or property, calling a commercial junk removal company will clear out the area quickly, so you can manage your business more efficiently.
To request an estimate on our commercial junk removal services in Toronto and the GTA, call Junk Works at 1-888-888-Junk or contact us here.